- Are you looking to take over a community asset?
- Do you support communities and want to understand how the community shares process works?
- Are you a Local Authority employee wanting to understand more about how community shares can help communities seeking to take over assets?
- Are you involved with a co-operative or community share project and want to share
- experiences with others?
- Are you looking to invest in a community shares project?
Community Shares offer opportunities for communities to raise finance for capital projects that would not be possible from grants. Community Shares can help communities:
- buy pubs, shops or community buildings
- transfer assets from Local Authorities
- raise finance for renewable energy schemes
This conference offers an opportunity to hear from influential speakers in the community shares world who have found solutions for people supporting their communities and meet people who have been through the process. They will de-mystify the community shares process and answer your questions and concerns. You’ll also learn more about the co-operative option and be able to network with fellow co-operators.
All this and it’s free! Click here to register.
Click here for the full Community Shares Programme April 2016. Thursday, 7 April 2016, 10 am. to 4 pm at the Brighthelm Community Centre, North Road, Brighton, BN1 1YD.