The Platform is very excited to announce a new opportunity for a social enterprise to benefit from incubation support in the social enterprise hub at The Platform; including free work space and a range of resources and activity.
The competition is open to all social enterprises, start-up and established, that feel they would benefit from basing themselves at Brighton & Hove’s vibrant social enterprise hub and from full engagement in the support and activity The Platform has to offer.
What will you get from the Social Enterprise Hub?
- A base for a 6-month period
- A free individual desk space in a dynamic shared office space (with potential to rent the desk after 6 months)
- Central Brighton location, just off West St and close to the beach!
- Free phone line for local landline calls
- Reasonable use of photocopier
- Access to reception for message taking and deliveries
- Access to wi-fi & broadband internet
- Lockable filing cabinet
- Support with finance; forecasting, spreadsheets, cash flow (6 hours across the 6 months)
- Use of meeting rooms (60 hours across the 6 months)
- Own set of keys – to enable access to office between 9-6 Mon – Fri
- Use of postal address
- Close access to car parks
- Free attendance at Social Enterprise Support Events and support (mandatory where relevant)
- Access to informal in-house support and resources
- Access to support from volunteer experts and work placements
- Access to the most recent news and knowledge about social enterprise
- 1 free use of Wagner Hall and training rooms and further uses heavily discounted
- Kitchen facilities with microwave, teas and coffees
- Being at the centre of the growing community of social entrepreneurs in the city, with continual organic connections and introductions to like-minded entrepreneurs
What you will commit to the Social Enterprise Hub:
- Monthly blog posts on your experience and progress
- Involvement in wider publicity activity
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Attending social enterprise events
- Being open to supporting The Platform and other social enterprises, wherever possible