The Platform is a social enterprise supporting people to achieve their potential through learning, skills, social business and social enterprise development.
One of The Platform’s core aims is for the social economy in Brighton and Hove to thrive and we are developing a Theory of Change model to measure our impact. To date we have:
- Established the Social Enterprise Centre in the heart of Brighton
- Founded the Brighton and Hove Social Enterprise Network bringing together a cross-sector community of social entrepreneurs and social enterprise supporters
- Developed a website with social enterprise directory, resources and tools
- Developed a programme of events including a Social Enterprise Conference, Social Saturday Showcases, Brighton City Lab, and a range of social enterprise networking and training events including our ‘Social Enterprise Season’
- Carried out social enterprise representation and lobbying to improve the framework conditions for social enterprise both at a local and national level
- Established the Spark Social Enterprise Interreg 2 Seas project. As lead partner, we are working with University of Brighton, West Sussex County Council, Social Innovation Factory, DePunt, Seinweizen, Kennisland and Region Pas de Calais. The Spark project will “enable social enterprises to develop and deliver more sustainable and high impact innovations leading to increased growth. We will refine the framework conditions that influence their development and create more effective models and tools for social enterprise support”
We continue to be focused on new ways in which we can support the social economy to thrive through social innovation, lobbying and practical activities. If you would like to work in partnership with us, please get in touch.